I had borrowed some dvd from my friend recently...And one of them is Johnny English starring Rowen Atkinson (Mr Bean)...Which is one of Mel's favourite idol, other than Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montana...When she saw his face on the dvd cover, she was so excited and urge me to play it for her to watch..
I tried to play it on our dvd player, but the player kept showing 'Err Disc' or 'Cant read Disc'...Instead of telling her the player or dvd is spoilt.....Which I should have done so to avoid this mind blowing conversation!!!
Mum : Ai ya the player cannot read the Disc lah...Mel I think you cant watch already, how?
Mel : Why cant read??? You mean the player dosent goes to school so he cant read???
Mum : NO......I mean the player cant Play the disc when I say Read, because you can also use Read to describe...
Mel : ............................???? (funny image must have form in her mind now!!)
I have got a hard time trying to explain READ in here meaning play....But surprisingly she can accept the word PLAY but not READ!!!!!! Maybe she's more rational as PLAY is what we usually says.....But I already pointed out that READ can be use to describe it too....Yet to her is like Why READ lay??? Why not only use PLAY lay??? After all these explanation, today she still is asking me... hahaha so funny hor mummy....why the player cannot read???? As if doubting me!!! Others says PLAY you say READ!!!!Arghhhhhhhh........Am I being lousy or what??
Yes, I do agreed that sometimes expression can be quite funny and hard to understand, but it can be frustrating when you try to explain it and be doubt by a 5 yrs old....I guess sometimes is good to just leave it as the more you say the more confusing they become....
Its never easy to teach children, as they are always full of 十万个为甚么......and they tends to point out small small details which differ to their understanding, in which you yourself never realise...

No comments:
Post a Comment