Rainbowstarlights site counter

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Batam trip



At Harbour Front Terminal






On the Ferry


The Hotel Lobby



Their playground like so antique



Look at this, the building is half way into construction, yet the first floor already operating as a shopping mall!!! I guess it had been left undone for sometime...



Look at how the house is build on a hill with tiny steps leading up..Cute rite!!



At the kelong for seafood


Cousin Janis with Mel










Kampong house

This batam trip is quite interesting, as traveling with my family members....Other than shopping, we get to see their kampong lifestyle...Thou its nothing new to us but it never fail to amused me how different their life is from us...

I have to mention the wedding dinner of my Indonesian relative which we attended....Every guest is welcome to dedicate a song to the couple on stage, with Karaoke system readily for use...
Once you are on stage singing, guest and host will go up on stage to give ang bow to you....By the time you are finishing, your hands will be full of ang bows....Hahahaha what a way to earn back the ang bow you fork out for the dinner... Our Wedding dinner are full of chattering but theirs is loud chattering and 'ge tai' style!! We even have lousy singers who is only up to grab ang bows, really straining to our ears....

I do considered to go up stage to earn some shopping treats, but still cant buck up my courage in the end. Thou I am sure my singing will be so much better than most of them.....whahahahaha


A loud banner board announcing the wedding couples


See ang bow packet readily available for you to present to any singer that you want to give...( on the tissue box) And cans drinks and beer and wines all placed nicely on the table for you to help yourself...Free flow too, will be replenish....


See, everyone leave theirs seats to move on stage to give ang bow, including the wedding couple..
Although enjoyed, but once I step foot in Singapore...My stomach starts rumbling, in the middle of the night starts having diarrhea a dozens times with vomiting...The next morning, fever sets in and I was all weak and have to lie on bed for the whole day...Any food goes in must come out!! I have got food poisoning!!! Lucky is, I am the only one who got it, my kids and other family members are ok...Guess I am already weak, thats why cant take the blow of the bacteria attack....

Quote of the day
I was taking my medicine when Nat starts to comment..

Nat : Mummy why this medicine is call charcoal? The real charcoal that we use for BBQ?

Mum : Yap its charcoal, but this is a medicinal one..

Mel was all the while listening to our conversation, was too stun to speak...

When I put the 'charcoal' into my mouth, she start to ask with her eyes open wide..

Mel : Is it hot????

Mum and Nat : ...............................................................

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had prepared a bottle of Mentos yogurt bottle to take on the ferry, in case the gals got seasick...

As we returned to Sin, I received the sms stating that the Mentos yogurt is taken off shelves and not to be eaten...Naturally, I exclaimed to them about the sms and we had almost finished that bottle of Mentos... I went along explaining to the gals about the poisonous milk powder that almost kill a few babies in China...Mel was especially worried, thou I do explain if taken in moderation and at their age its still won't cause any serious harm..But I was not convincing enough, when I fall sick the next day.....

Mel looking so worried and ask..

Mel : Mummy will you be ok???

Mum : I am fine, just a little bit weak, after some rest I'll be fine..

Mel : You see la, the poisonous milk powder make you sick already....Anna (my maid) pls dun put the Milk maid inside me and che che milo ok!!! Remember har!! If we die how???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Richard and Jayce said...

Yap they enjoyed in a way...but was getting boring and cranky with the hot weather and those forever no ending shopping trip hahahaha